Here are my photos and words from Sunday, the last day of this project.
9:27am // I took this with the front facing camera on my phone, so it’s the worst quality ever, but I just had to use it because it’s hysterical with Chloe’s little eye roll. I’m pretty sure this is how she feels 99% of the time. Because we woke up around this time, we didn’t have time to make it to our normal church service, which starts at 9:30am. Instead of rushing around to make it to the next service, we decided just to stream it on our TV for the first time, which worked out pretty nicely.
11:40am // Afterwards, Chloe and I headed to the dog park to get some playtime in. To be honest, Chloe isn’t a huge fan of chasing other dogs or tennis balls, but she does love to swim and you can always count on her to protect the little dogs – toy poodles are her favorite.
1:10pm // I took a little nap in the hammock and Chloe hung out right beside me. Kevin grabbed the photo above from inside the house and the photo below was my view.
5:35pm // Kevin and I grabbed Chipotle for dinner and walked around the Earth Day Festival in Columbia. It’s always fun to see local artisans selling artwork and local farmers selling veggies and plants.
Thoughts on A Week in the Life:
- Even though Kevin and I were together every single day, I’m bummed that I didn’t have more photos of us together.
- I think the reason why I love Ali’s photos so much is because she uses the self timer to set up a “candid” shot. I think she’s in almost every picture she takes during the week. I want to try to do this more often next time!
- I’ve been trying to decide what to do with this group of photos and words but I still haven’t made up my mind. A lot of the people who participate in this project end up doing a small album of the week but I’m leaning toward an extra project life spread or just leaving it on my blog for now.
- Even though it’s a long project, I feel like I should do this more often. I love the excuse to get out my DSLR.
- I didn’t do a great job of documenting the food I’m eating or the projects I’m making, not that it matters but I just thought it was an interesting observation. I bet it has something to do with the lighting in those two areas of our home.
- Next time, I want to be more courageous when it comes to taking photos of friends. I’m bummed that I didn’t do that this week.
Thanks for reading!