For Christmas this past year, I asked for Lara Casey’s Powersheets, a goal setting workbook that helps to encourage purposeful goal setting. I got to work making some big goals to work toward this year – healthy living & weight loss, balanced social media usage, focus on prayer and community, and continuing to pay down our student loan debt.
For each of these large, vague goals, I created action items to help me break these down so that working toward them would be a little less daunting. I’ve made significant progress in just two months so I’m looking forward to what I can accomplish in the next ten.
Here are my goals for March:
- Continue working through Psalms Day by Day. I started this challenge at the beginning of February when Bailey announced that she was going to be working through one Psalm a day starting on February 1st. I’ve been posting some of my entries, but I won’t be posting through March. If you’re interested or want to see some other inspiration, check out the Instagram hashtag #psalmsdaybyday or take a look through my bible journaling posts.
- Social Media Free Lent. If you were wondering why I wouldn’t be posting in March, look no further – I’m going sans social media during the 40 days of Lent! I haven’t given something up for the past couple years, but lately, I’ve really noticed that social media and absent-minded phone usage is affecting my time with Jesus and it’s definitely not doing me any favors in the community department either. Since I’m positng this a couple days into March, I can already tell you that it’s not nearly as bad as I expected.
- Cover others in prayer. Part of my goal to focus on prayer from the beginning of the year included choosing a person or group of people to pray for each month in addition to the things I’m already praying for. This has turned out to be such a fun practice and has really helped me to be intentional.
- Just keep budgeting. Kevin and I have officially been budgeting strictly for a year this month. We’ve been able to knock out a decent amount of our student loans and I’m looking forward to knocking out more. As we see those numbers decreasing, it’s easier to think about getting to the finish line.
- Celebrate two years of marriage. It’s hard to believe that we’re already coming up on two years! We’re looking forward to celebrating with a restaurant we haven’t tried before.
- Shoot my first wedding. A few months back Kevin’s Mom and her fiance asked if I would photograph their wedding – of course I was more than thrilled! Excited to be a part of their big day.
- Complete Project Life and One Little Word for March. These are staples on my list because I want to make sure they get done each month. I love making these a practice and sitting down once a month to make sure they get done. If nothing else, I know these ones will get checked off.
- Read three books. Since I’ve been focusing on being more intentional about social media, I’ve been killing it in the reading department. So far in 2017, I’ve read 10 books! Three more this month shouldn’t be too hard.
That should keep me plenty busy for the next 26 days! Just writing this gets me so pumped about all of the fun things happening this month! We just got a new internet provider, so blogging more often is definitely something I’m looking forward too as well!